Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lavender Sweater



I started knitting this sweater about six months ago, and I had to rip out several sections as I went along because I kept messing it up. At the eleventh hour, I decided to change the neckline from a polo-type opening to a crew neck opening, but when it was sewn up, the neck opening was small and looked odd. So, I decided to add a sort of cowl neck in a seed stitch pattern, as you can see in progress in the photo. If this doesn't work, I'll take the thing apart and do the polo opening on the front, or some sort of opening.

The sleeve joins are funky, too. Sort of gappy. I hope this'll smooth out when I do the blocking. I did have fun doing some short rows at the bust to make it hang better in the front. We'll see how this turns out. It's a nifty technique that adds darts where you need them.

Lastly, the sweater is currently too small, but it'll fit soon enough! I hope I don't miss the spring season, though, or next year it'll be too big. Maybe I can wear it at the beach or something. It's knit from cotton.

1 comment:

knitty bitty mol said...

Short rows! Who do you think you are?!?!