Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rita's Patchwork Comforter

6/2007



I found this photo of the finished blanket. I crocheted all of the squares together. It's a really neat thing, and Rita loved it. I'd like to make a sampler block blanket. I think Barbara Walker, the stitch pattern guru, has a book about doing a sampler blanket. Fun.


3/2006


I'm in a craft group, "Women Who Run with Glue Guns," and one of our members, Rita, recently suffered a tragedy. She and her husband went to Botswana because her husband, a doctor, wanted to train African doctors on treating AIDS patients. Rita and Dick were on a canoe tour on the Lompopo River and an alligator leapt out of the river and pulled Dick out of the boat and into the water. That was the last they saw of him until his life jacket popped up. Rita was in the boat behind and witnessed the whole thing. This story's been in the papers and on the news, so many of you might have heard about it.

Our group is making a patchwork quilt to help comfort Rita. We're all knitting squares and then a few of us will put them together to form the blanket. The photo shows the squares I've knitted so far. I'll keep posting and showing the progress of the blanket.

1 comment:

knitty bitty mol said...

Can I make one or is that weird?