Monday, August 20, 2007

Cockers: Before and After



Here are my babies, Addie (buff) and Poppy (parti). The before is Poppy, who's three, and the after is Addie, who's 13.

I've had Addie since she was six weeks old, and she's the dog of all dogs. She's super cranky and mean and playful and loving, all at the same time. She sleeps with me every night. She's totally deaf now, but still fairly spry. I love her, crotchetyness and all.

I got Poppy a year ago from Addie's groomer, Cherie. Poppy was a show dog, but she has an overbite or something, so she wasn't winning. I can't tell what's wrong her her bite, but the show dogs have to be PERFECT, and I guess she isn't. I don't care, though. She sweet and cute and loves to be a lap dog. The standard personality for a cocker spaniel is "merry," which is exactly what Poppy is.

No comments: