Monday, August 20, 2007

Stripey Sweater


This sweater is made out of Brilla, a cotton blend.

The Story

I got a bunch of balls of Brilla on sale, all different colors, and started knitting a broad striped scarf/stole thing. It turned into a long rectangle, so I folded it and seamed it into a poncho. The poncho weighed about 15 pounds, and it stretched every time I wore it, and the colors were too bright. Not good.

So, I pulled it out and ended up with about 20 balls of Brilla, back to where I started. I still loved the colors, so I decided to so a sweater. I combed through my knitting books and finally found a sweater pattern that would work. My friend Molly helped me with the color scheme, and I ended up with this sweater. It's still bright, but I like it and I get lots of compliments on it.


I still have about seven balls of a variety of colors of Brilla. . .

No comments: